I am one of the many German students studying abroad. I am one of the people who love travelling. I can't sit still, I always have to do stuff. I am curious, always chasing for stories. Stay here for a while and be part of my respaced world

Friday, May 6, 2011

Sydney Kids


I spotted some kids playing in Sydney...




I found this pretty fascinating, I observed how moms gave their iphones to their kids in order to give them something to play with. Have never seen this before. The kid on the second picture struck me most. I was sitting on a bench facing her/him (?), munching my sandwich, secretly using my phone to take a picture of her/him. About 2 Minutes later, a girl, in about the same age, joined the kid. 

The kid didn't even notice her and was totally focused at the game. The girl had stand next to the trolley for a while and then walked away.

well, I tried to find some statistics on that.. but I couldn't find any.

Have you experienced similar situations where you live?

I'm becoming an aunt soon, have to start thinking about kids. Don't know if I should tolerate or reject this kind of behaviour.
*******

6 comments:

Tara said...

I don't know...my niece is four and a half and very precocious and I would NEVER let her play with my iPhone!

Anonymous said...

this pics make me sad....it seems like their mothers just gave them their iphones so their children leave them alone...i also witnessed such scenes in germany, too. My (now) 11 year old cousin got her first ipod when she was only 9 years old...i dont think children at such a young age can value those things.....
xoxo Anni

Franzi said...

hey tara, thanx for ur clear statement! i had a gameboy when i was in 3/4th grade and i remember that sometimes my sister and me sat next to each other in the car, just playing.. isn't it the same thing? I don#t know, i don't have kids, but i could imagine that there are some times when you wanna "get rid of them" however, these kids (on the pix) seem to be a bit too young..aren't there any other toys??

and anni, wow, the first ipod in the age of 9? WOOOO.. when did this girl get her first cell phone?does she listen to children mp3 stories, such as benjamin blümchen with it?

Anonymous said...

hey!!
actually, i dont know when she got her first mobile phone...maybe she hasnt got one yet...but she definitely has her iPod- which is much cooler (at least thats what she thinks).
And no: no Benjamin Blümchen on her iPod, instead she listens to: Gaga,Kesha....
I think kids nowadays are growing up too fast!!!

Franzi said...

hey you forgot BIEBER ;)
have a good day

Anonymous said...

hahaha ur right....how could i forget THE BIEBER:-DDD!!!!!! thanks, u too xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...