I am one of the many German students studying abroad. I am one of the people who love travelling. I can't sit still, I always have to do stuff. I am curious, always chasing for stories. Stay here for a while and be part of my respaced world

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Creativity and Perseverance


2 Examples from Sydney which show that creativity is sometimes much more important than being intelligent.


Yesterday a guy came to me, asking me "hey, can you spare a dollar for the bus?"

I have to mention here that I usually don't give money to homeless people because I am a cruel person and I rather spend the money on 1$ capuccino from 711. yep.

I was so surprised that I actually gave him what he had asked for (+ I had had a long day and I was waiting at the bus stop, so I couldn't get away from this pretty tall guy.)

My bus arrived, the guy actually entered, had a look at the bus driver, mumbeled something I didn't understand, turned around and jumped out of the bus. How nice of him to try pretending to actually take the bus..And how creative.Well.

In comparison to this example, no 2 makes me smile every morning I leave the house.

It's Mr. Carwash who stands in front of my house, from early morning untill it gets dark. Every time the traffic lights are red, he runs to the cars and asks to clean their windows. I admire how hard working he is and much more, I admire his creativity. He dresses in a different costume almost every day. On the picture he is wearing a christmas troll. Another day he wore bunny ears. On mother's day he set up signs saying "Happy Mothersday!".



The Mr. Carwash example reminds me of myself. There are many carwashers (journalist students), I am only one of them. I am not better than them and it doesn't matter if some of them are much smarter than me.

Like this Australian Blogger Neerav Bhatt said, who hold a guest lecture at my Online Class:
it’s about perseverance, not talent 
 ..and creativity of course...
********

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...