I am one of the many German students studying abroad. I am one of the people who love travelling. I can't sit still, I always have to do stuff. I am curious, always chasing for stories. Stay here for a while and be part of my respaced world

Friday, February 25, 2011

Friday Thoughts from a Burger King at Abu Dhabi Airport


Airports and planes sometimes seem to be like a second world, appart from the "normal" world, where time and space don't matter. Flight attendents are always in a bright, shiny and chatty mood, no matter if it's 4 in the morning or 4 in the afternoon. They seem to be resistent against the dry air in planes, time change or sleep issues. Sometimes they scare me.

It's the second time I am sitting in a burger king today. About 10 hours ago I had a coke at the burger king in copenhagen airport, now I had a cappuccino in Abu Dhabi airport. Not only the burger king, also the duty free shops, basically everything looks the same - copenhagen/manchester/abu dhabi. Danish Krones, Pound, DHS (emirate - money?) - it doesn't matter, I can just pay with my VISA credit card.

The only thing which makes Abu Dhabi different is that people are wearing headscarves, traditional clothing and that it's WARM! Oh, and the snicker bars they sell have a funny arabic writing on it. I think I will go now and check out the shops. Surprisingly they aren't many, but I am sure I will find something :)

xoxo from Abu Dhabi,
Respaced Girl
********

3 comments:

Tara, in 3 Parts said...

Haha, I beg to differ on the sunny and bright flight attendants because I've had some really snippy ones on some of my flights in the past few months! ;)

Anonymous said...

It must be so weird to be in three different countries in such a small amount of time. Hope you said Hi to Manchester from me :-))

Wish you a safe flight to Sydney!!
I'm excited to read your first blog from Australia!!

XXX Bine

Jet-Setting Divas said...

Sometimes the flight attendants are not sooo chipper! Lol and I love going to different airports to see what they offer!
-tiffanie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...