I am one of the many German students studying abroad. I am one of the people who love travelling. I can't sit still, I always have to do stuff. I am curious, always chasing for stories. Stay here for a while and be part of my respaced world

Friday, February 18, 2011

Freia


Before the wikings converted to christianism, they believed in several gods. They named days after them. Today it's Friday, Freia's day. Freia is a woman, a goddess who stands for fertility, love, beauty, luck and magic. Though it's freia-day I'm not feeling like a goddes at all. My body hurts from cleaning and carrying boxes around and I really don't feel like having class from 10am until 4pm :(

No, it's definetly not me being a Freia today. But I know other women who make me feel certain about the fact that there are Freias around. There is Derv, my friend who had classes all day and who still has a smile on her face when helping me to carry my super heavy boxes into her storage room.  Derv, who has always been here for me,  no matter if it was about listening to my "problems" while a cup of tea (or popcorn) or dancing at my student dorm's "thursday bar" (while noone else was dancing).

Derv has lots of a Freia:

she studies, parties and works hard  --> goddess
When I asked her if I could crash her place for a few days, she didn't hesitate for a second.--> love
She made Skejbyparken a good place for me :) --> magic.

looking forward to spend my last days in Aarhus with a Freia. Maybe I'll discover or even learn some divine secrets?




********

4 comments:

TexaGermaNadian said...

Interesting info! Have a great goddess day! :)

Derv said...

You just made me cry....and not just because of the horrible pic ;) Don't leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeavvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeee Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

respacedgirl said...

thank you nadia! hope u had a good one, 2 !

to derv: crying? stop wining and practice for ur final performance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpixdTlYlKU

looking forward to our reunion in fall already!! <3 Franzi

anyone else who has divine friends?

Meri said...

Yeah! I definitely know some "freia" type gals. They inspire me!
Cheers!
Meri
merigoesround.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...