I am one of the many German students studying abroad. I am one of the people who love travelling. I can't sit still, I always have to do stuff. I am curious, always chasing for stories. Stay here for a while and be part of my respaced world

Thursday, January 6, 2011


What I did yesterday to improve Germany's situation:

I had breakfast with my friend and her goddaughter and had a very long conversation with the 8-year old girl. I don't like kids that much, so I think this is a great achievement ! I engaged her passion for reading by asking a lot of questions about her favourite book. (--> Reading is education! Education improves social equality! HA!)

She told me that she was really annoyed by some kids in the train who were so loud that she could not focus on the book she was reading. Poor girl!

Later that day I went to MCDonalds (only to buy a diet coke, of course! :P). I put the drawback (R├╝ckgeld) in the small dispenser next to the register. The sticker on the dispenser said "SOS Kinderdorf", which is a German foundation which takes care of kids who have no one to take care of them in the way they deserve it or who have no one who takes care of them at all.

Ok, I only put 20 cent in the dispenser, but I've never done it before, so if I keep on putting my drawback money in there when I go to MCDonalds it definitely is better than doing nothing!

********

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like how you want to improve the situation in Germnay :-))

I didn't knew that you can donate at McDonalds. Next time I'm there I will do it too

Have a great weekend!!!!
XX Bine

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...