I am one of the many German students studying abroad. I am one of the people who love travelling. I can't sit still, I always have to do stuff. I am curious, always chasing for stories. Stay here for a while and be part of my respaced world

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Running

I just came back from running. I haven't been running for a week because I was getting a cold, but now I'm fine again.

Don't think I'm a fan of running. I usually hate it, I just force myself to do it because I wanna stay in shape. It's my weekly goal to go 3 times a week, and I usually do it - for approximately 30 minutes ;)

Running is the fucking best sport for Respaced people. You do not need anything but running clothes and a pair of running shoes and that's it. I used to go running in a small forest in Tübingen, Germany. I ran in Stuttgart. I ran in Philadelphia, I ran in NYC, I ran in Aarhus and I'll be running in Sydney.

I love finding new routes, getting to know my surrounding and get a feeling for it. If there is no nice place/park where you can go running, there must be a track & field. Running on a track&field can also be nice, it's kinda like going to MCDonalds, it looks the same wherever on earth you may be. Makes you feel like home ;)

And I don't have to pay anything for it ! AND it lets me taste the local candy and pastries!

Tübingen, Germany
Sunset Park, Brooklyn. The beautiful view of "My" Ms Liberty gave me a regular kick

Aarhus, Denmark

Sometimes I get lost... this is what I found when I got lost once in Aarhus

Any other ideas for Respaced Sport? Leave a comment!
********

5 comments:

TexaGermaNadian said...

With you on this one! And I love 'exploring' new trails to run and new routes to take. Seeing new scenery and 'getting lost' makes it so worth the hard work!

Tara, in 3 Parts said...

I love running :) And I agree, it's such a great workout and it's FREE! I go 3-4 times a week for about 2 miles at a time.

Franzi said...

do u usually run for yourself or do u like running with a companion?

Tara, in 3 Parts said...

Do my dogs count? They're the only ones who ever go running with me :) Which is a-okay in my book because I find that running with other people means either me not being able to keep up with them or them not being able to keep up with my pace.

Franzi said...

I'm jealous of u, being able to run with ur dogs! i have a dog as well and it would be a pain in the ass to run with her! She would stop every 2 meters for sniffing the perfume of whatever *lol*. so i usually go by myself. but running with a mate can be really good! u should try, i always thought as you, but then i tried and it was really fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...