I am one of the many German students studying abroad. I am one of the people who love travelling. I can't sit still, I always have to do stuff. I am curious, always chasing for stories. Stay here for a while and be part of my respaced world

Friday, January 14, 2011

Free Thoughts Friday


I came across this blog simple dude , who posts "Random Thursday Thoughts".

I like the idea - from now on I will write "Free Thoughts Friday" Posts :). So here comes my first one!!


Water everywhere........ Parts of Australia are flooded, Parts of Germany are flooded, Parts of Brazil are flooded. Even though these countries are so different and have different natural landscapes, they are faced with the same problem. If we look at this from a philosophical angle we could say: The world is getting smaller. Or, even better: We are getting respaced.

How are people dealing with the floodings of their homes? Australians seem to be pretty cool with it. My cousin lives in Brisbane. She told me that her house would be located on a hill, so she is very lucky. The city would remind her of a ghost city, because in some areas they have shut down electricity. However, she was very positive and said that she hoped that everything will be fine untill I come and visit. (The city she lives in is in complete chaos and she is worried about me?!!! wow)

How do the Germans deal with the flood? They complain, as usual ;) Our morning paper wrote that according to the weather forecast the water-level in Wertheim is not going to fall in the next few days.

There's a big factory outlet in Wertheim. German Respaced Girl wanted to go there during her vacation:
Wertheim is flooded. Maaaaaan...Damn it. Why does it have to be flooded when I want to buy a new watch?
I just heard in the radio news that the situation in Wertheim and the surrounding area is improving!

Oh Germany, why do you (including Respaced Girl) always have to be so pessimistic?


Brisbane

Wertheim village factory outlet

Wertheim flood pictures

********

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...