I am one of the many German students studying abroad. I am one of the people who love travelling. I can't sit still, I always have to do stuff. I am curious, always chasing for stories. Stay here for a while and be part of my respaced world

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Cupcake madness and the new cupcake bakery in Stuttgart

My baking obsession is embodied in my growing collection of cupcake-products... I have a cupcake PJ, a cupcake-shaped key and last week I got a kitchen skirt (in the background of the picture collage) and an cupcake shaped adress tag for bags as a present! 




On Friday, I went to the first and new cupcake bakery in Stuttgart: It had already opened its doors before I went to Denmark, but I had no time to go there before I left. So on Friday my sis took me out to the "cupcake boutique".

  



cheesecake cupcake! It's as good as the one I had in the magnolia bakery in nyc!

The place is so cute, they have pink tea cups and everything! I am happy Stuttgart is slowly catching up with other cities in the field of cupcakes. In Manhattan google finds 10 existing CUPCAKE bakeries. If you keep on searching longer I guess you'll find at least 10 more. I mean, Manhattan is a really tiny island! Stuttgart has the size of 257km², Manhattan only 87km². But yeah, I know... there's a tiny difference in their population. More people eat more.

My comment on the Stuttgart cupcake bakery: nice and cute, a good start for introducing the cupcake culture in Stuttgart.

However, the cupcake bakery which is famous in the US cupcake scene and which I (of course!) visited when I spent a weekend in Washington DC., is way ahead of the Stuttgart bakery. The Georgetown cupcake bakery offers 10 different kinds of cupcakes daily plus 5 additional sorts ("Specials") which change every day. Today, for example the specials on the menu are: carrot, chocolate coconut, lava fudge, peanutbutter fudge and strawberry.

The Georgetown bakery 2010

I ate both. strawberry chocolate and key lime. piece of heaven!


The bakery in Stuttgart had a good offer as well, but they had no daily, only a monthly menu. We want more variety! More than that, the cupcake boutique also offers snacks such as sandwiches or soups - NO we don't want that in a cupcake bakery, damn it!

By the way, have I mentioned that I might open a coffee/bakery when I grow old?
********

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...