I am one of the many German students studying abroad. I am one of the people who love travelling. I can't sit still, I always have to do stuff. I am curious, always chasing for stories. Stay here for a while and be part of my respaced world

Friday, January 28, 2011

A child in time


Sometimes  people ask me "Aren't you afraid of going abroad alone by yourself?". Usually I'm not. My mantra is that you are never alone, I have met so many great and nice people abroad (for example Julie , who made my birthday to a nice birthday, or Erica, who invited me to celebrate thanksgiving and christmas with her). Yet, sometimes you are alone by yourself... And honestly, I got a bit scared yesterday. My 6-weeks long "xmas" vacation in Germany is almost over and I got used being surrounded by my parents and friends all the time. In the past weeks, there where few moments I was actually "home alone" for more than 3 hours. 

I started to worry: And now I would be going back to Denmark, where I lived in that small apartment? Australia was at the end of the world, what if anything bad happened, for example an accident - I would be so far away from home...oh boy girl...

then, suddenly I heard this voice (no worries, It wasn't my mind speaking to me, it was my ipod).
è l'istinto che mi fa
volare via di qua
un bambino nel tempo
non si arrende mai
cerca la felicità
IT IS THE INSTINCT THAT MAKES ME
FLY AWAY FROM HERE
THE CHILD IN TIME
NEVER SURRENDERS
it looks for happiness



BREATHING SALTY AIR
SOLITUDE KEEPS ME COMPANY
THIS PLACES LOOKED
MAGICAL IN MY MEMORY
FROM MY CHILDHOOD
LIKE NOW I'M LOOKING FOR
AN ANSWER THAT
I DONT HAVE AND I DONT KNOW
WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE:
TO STAY STILL AND WAIT
OR TO GO AWAY FROM HERE
AND IN MY WAY I PAINT
THE WORLD AROUND ME
LIKE A CHILD IN TIME
THAT NEVER LOSES
HIS CURIOSITY
IT IS THE INSTINCT THAT MAKES ME
TO CHANGE REALITY
THE CHILD IN TIME
NEVER SURRENDERS
IT LOOKS FOR HAPPINESS
Thanks Eros Ramazotti for reminding me that travelling is (usually) accompanied by solitude. But that's ok. And I'll deal with it. And I will meet nice people. And I'll be happy :)


P.S.: Up to see some of my pics from Italy? Become a friend of Respaced Girl on Facebook!

********

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...