I am one of the many German students studying abroad. I am one of the people who love travelling. I can't sit still, I always have to do stuff. I am curious, always chasing for stories. Stay here for a while and be part of my respaced world

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Battle VI


Christmas events:

Danish Tivoli / German Christmas Market in Esslingen / American Hershey Park ???

Last week I went to the Tivoli in Kopenhagen, today I went to the christmas market in Esslingen, my absolute favourite of all christmas markets! Last year around christmas time I went to the christmas-decorated amusement park "Hershey Park" (Hershey is a popular American chocolate brand as well as the name of the town). Which of the three places I went to is the most christmas-y one? - Read and figure it out!!! (sorry about this format-confusion.. I hope ur tolerant enough to read it anyway ;))


a) Tivoli, one of the oldest amusement parks in the world
b) The Esslinger Weihnachtsmarkt (christmas market)
c) Hershey's chocolate world
Opened its doors in the year 1843
+
It is open for the public
+
amusement park in Hershey, Pennsylvania, USA (next to the chocolate factory Hershey)
It costs a 100 DKK entrance fee (about 13€). Rides NOT included 
-
It has a theme: the middle ages!
Vendors are dressed in middle-ages style clothing and speak in old German
+
entrance fee: I don't remember how much it was.
But most rides are included in the entrance fee.
+



II) Attractions / Entertainment


A lady carving ice figures out of ice blocks. Kinda cool.
+
A wooden ferris wheel (kids only)
+ -
All kinds of roller coasters (similar to Tivoli) and a christmas light show
+




There’s a game where you can win chocolate
+


while I was there, I saw a fire-eater, a baking class for kids and a band with bagpipes
+


Results:

++


++++




++


Danish culture: 3
WINNER

German culture: 3


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...